Monday, September 27, 2010

Not That I Died

Heya, so here is the situation. I haven't updated in forever. I still cook, in fact I've been cooking a lot more lately. I actually made something really exciting lately that I would have loved to share with you, but unfortunately I didn't take any pictures (it was Tortilla-less Cabbage Leaf Enchiladas).

The previous name of this blog was "Cooked and Eaten in a Portland Basement". I still live in Portland but not in a basement. I've moved into a nice SE Portland house with a lovely gas stove (which works) and other wonders such as a dishwasher (nice). I have procured two cats which I share the care and feeding of with my lovely domestic partner. She is an amazing cook, and a sometime food blogger as well.

Last night I went to this:
Beast Vegetarian Wine Dinner

LOCAL WILD MUSHROOM SOUP
CRÈME FRAICHE & PIMENT D’ESPELETTE

STUFFED PETITE COURGETTES
KENS BREAD, SWEET CORN & FRESH SHELL BEANS
ROASTED SWEET PEPPER & HEIRLOOM TOMATO SAUCE

HAND CUT SPINACH PASTA FILLED
WITH DELICATA SQUASH & FRESH RICOTTA
SHAVED PARMESAN & FRIED HERBS

BELGIAN ENDIVE WITH MARS-VENUS GRAPES
BROWN BUTTER & AGED BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE

~ SELECTION OF STEVE’S CHEESE~
CRACKED BLACK PEPPER AND FLEUR DE SEL SHORTBREAD
OREGON WILDFLOWER HONEY
POACHED APRICOTS & FRIED MARCONA ALMONDS

BRULÈED FIG AND HONEY MASCARPONE TARTLETTE
AGED FIG BALSAMIC

It was really amazing and really expensive. I didn't get any pictures of that either. Basically at this point, you are looking at a failed blog. I think there is a chance I will get back to it, but for the moment, the most I can tell you is: I'm still alive. I still cook. I still eat. And you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment